8 Wedding Nightmares Every Bride Will DEFINITELY Have
(Repost from Lover.ly)
As you get closer to your wedding day, you may notice that the planning anxiety you have during the day will start to creep into your night. Forget common bad dreams like getting kidnapped, falling off a cliff, or being chased by clowns—nightmares about your nuptials are far, far scarier.
But, it might comfort you to know that nearly every bride experiences horrendous night visions about their big days. Here are eight bad wedding dreams every wife-to-be has before walking down the aisle. At the very least, reading them will remind you of one very important thing: You are so not alone.
1. You missed the wedding. In this dream, you basically slept through your own wedding — oops! — and no one else cared. Somehow it all just happened without you. Your friends danced, your fiancé had a blast, your family ate a delicious meal…but you were simply not there.
2. You can’t remember the wedding.You know it happened (right?) but when you try to think back to the moment you said “I do” or when you had your first dance, you simply can’t recall anything. Of course, this is because your wedding didn’t in fact happen yet, but in the dream you’re probably panicking like whoa. All that planning and not one memory.
3. Your dear MIL-to-be (or sister or grandma) has turned into a terrible person. There might be people in your life about whom you worry—the aunt who gets a bit too tipsy or the guy friend who you know is going to try to hit on your young cousin. You’re prepared to deal with them. But in this dream, someone totally unexpected — one of your wedding dayrocks — turns completely evil. Thankfully, he or she is still really awesome IRL.
4. Your least favorite body part just became even more unsightly. We all have our body hang-ups, which many of us hope to minimize on the big day. In this dream, your arms may grow to the size of watermelons or your stomach might swell to super huge proportions. The peach fuzz on your back may look more like “Super Hairy Rob Lowe” from those (amazing) DirectTV commercials than the barely-there wisps you really have. But just think about how great you’ll feel when you wake up from this one and realize how gorgeous (and not as hairy) you actually are?
5. You’re wearing the wrong dress. It could be the wrong color, the wrong cut, the wrong size — all you know is that this is not the one you said “yes” to. Oh, and you’re supposed to walk out to meet your groom in five minutes. You may or may not wake up crying. And that’s totally normal.
6. You’re marrying the wrong person. In this dream, you get up to the altar (or chuppah or streamer backdrop or what have you) and—instead of your fiancé smiling back at you—you’re facing your ex. Or your childhood crush. Or the kid who used to make fun of you in fifth grade. No, this nightmare doesn’t mean you’re having second thoughts—unless you truly are in real life)—it’s just your brain seriously messing with you. Obviously, you’re going to have to stalk the guy on Facebook the second you wake up to confirm that, you, you don’t want to marry him. Totally okay.
7. You don’t have any wedding guests. You and your groom are charging into the reception hand-in-hand and…you find yourself alone in an empty room. If you’re having crazy worries about RSVPs or people not showing up, this is a super common dream to have. Don’t worry though: As the phrase (we just made up right now) goes: If you feed them, they will come.
8. You’re having a wedding day crisis and you can’t dial a phone to get help. Not being able to communicate or use your hands in the most basic of ways is a very, very common nightmare. But when it comes in tandem with a wedding-themed dream, it can be full-on terrifying. In this one, your venue could be on fire, you could have misplaced your veil, or your teeth could be falling out (another common nightmare). All we know is, this one can combine a bunch of latent fears and make you feel truly powerless. Gah—thankfully the real life wedding won’t be anything like this!
Portraits by Bukool is a Cebu-based destination wedding photographer and is a recipient of several awards since 2012.
For inquiries contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0947-289-1990. For bookings, please click HERE. You may also LIKE us on Facebook!
3787 J. Labra St. Guadalupe, Cebu City 6000 Philippines